+ lovies are soft, and well-positioned for baby to find
+ bottom-up zipper makes it easy to close
- the anti-twist crotch strap always comes undone, and it takes longer to dry than the rest of the sack.
- One of the shoulder buttons does not stay fastened
- Material shrinks considerably
- Areas where lovie attaches begins to degrade, due to stress of baby constantly tugging at it
Our little fella loves these lovies, so this sack with pre-attached lovies is the only option. The sack isn't as high quality as other competitors, and they tend to shrink. The lovies get absolutely disgusting, which requires a wash for each use. We buy these because it is less effort than creating and sewing on lovies to other sleep sacks. However, we're not super in love with the products, as the quality control tends to be a bit spotty.
(1) Get rid of the crotch strap. It always comes undone, and it just adds unnecessary bulk. It also adds significant drying time, which increases likelihood of shrinkage.
(2) Use some sort of reinforcement on the areas where lovie attaches. This area tears often.
(3) Higher quality cotton might shrink less.
(4) Make the sack slightly longer to account for potential shrinkage.
Reviewed by: Alex from Washington, DC.